Journal
Notes from the desk.
Eleven pieces published on mrgt.co. Covers are house photographs, not the original graphics.
01 · 14 May 2026India's Rising Coffee Exports: Capitalizing on Robusta Demand in the GCCIndia’s coffee exports are gaining momentum as GCC buyers increase demand for Robusta, container-scale sourcing, and competitive CIF Jebel Ali supply options.
02 · 6 May 2026Green Coffee Sourcing in 2026: What GCC Buyers Need to Know Right NowGreen coffee prices, supply chains, and sourcing strategies for roasters and distributors in the GCC and MENA in 2026. Practical guidance from a Dubai-based trader.
03 · 16 April 2026Coffee Prices May Fall — But Gulf Buyers Could Still Pay MoreArabica and Robusta futures may soften, but for coffee importers in the UAE and wider Gulf, shipping disruption, transit uncertainty, and replacement cost risk may keep physical buying costs elevated.
04 · 25 February 2026Brazil 2026 Crop Forecast Shock: What It Means for Green Coffee Prices (Arabica & Robusta) in the Next 30–90 DaysBrazil’s 2026 crop outlook is reshaping coffee market sentiment. Here’s what the latest supply forecasts mean for green coffee prices—and how buyers can plan purchases over the next 30–90 days.
05 · 29 December 2025Coffee Market Heading Into 2026: How to Buy Green Coffee Smarter (Next 1–8 Weeks)container-buying strategy for CIF Jebel Ali importers
06 · 21 November 2025Simultaneous Shock in Arabica and Robusta – Who Shook the World’s Coffee Cup?On 21 November 2025, coffee traders opened their screens to see two charts collapsing at the same time:
07 · 22 October 2025When Stocks Beat Weather: Our 1–2 Week Coffee Map, Verifiedwo weeks ago we wrote: Dry, warm Brazil keeps Arabica buoyant—buy dips on any “rain” headline; Robusta likely range-bound into Vietnam’s harvest. Since then, Arabica (KC Dec-25) advanced roughly ~10% (≈377 → 413–414 c/lb) while Robusta stayed firm (~$4,300 → ~$4,570/t). Our “buy
08 · 16 October 2025Arabica vs. Robusta: A 30-Day Tug-of-WarDry, warm Brazil is keeping Arabica buoyant (expect dips on any “rain” headline). Robusta faces a “ceiling” as Vietnam heads into harvest—unless weather slows picking. Read on for a practical 1–2 week view and a 30-day playbook for container buyers.
09 · 14 October 2025Premium on the Edge: One Rain Week to Move ArabicaReference (Today, Oct 14): Front-month Arabica (ICE KC) is trading around 401.9 ¢/lb = 4.019 $/lb = 8.86 $/kg. Weather setup: After a dry start to October, Brazil’s Southeast is entering a mid-month front passage with thunderstorms and meaningful rainfall potential across the coa
10 · 3 October 2025Bloom or Bust? A Simple Map to Arabica’s Near-Term Price PathsIf you buy physical containers (no futures trading) like we do, weather in key origins is your leading indicator. This week’s setup in Minas Gerais, Brazil shows a dry start to October with soil moisture still low—followed by a potential return of rain mid-month. That split pictu
11 · 16 September 2025Arabica Coffee Futures Stay Near 7-Month HighsArabica coffee futures traded around $4.22 per pound, remaining close to a seven-month high of $4.27 per pound scaled on September 15, due to concerns about limited supply and trade tensions.